by: Margaret Anderson Carr (used by her permission submitted by Jean Carr.)
Directions to site: From Vernon go west 3.5 miles out Aberdeen Road past Lebanon Methodist Church. Take the first road to the left, then the next left. You can see the metal fence with a gate surrounding the small cemetery on the left.
1. MARY EARLINE, daughter of A.E. & Hattie Morris 2/17/1908 - 9/17/1912
2.GUIN EDGAR ,son of A. E.. & Hattie Morris 11/24/1905 - 4/20/1908
3.MARY PEARL, daughter of D.C. & S. J. Morris 12/12/1892 - 7/5/1898
4. a tall tomb with Mother on one side and Father on the other side MINERVA TURNER, Mother 5/27/1813 - 3/7/1890
ROBERT TURNER, Father 12/27/1808 - 5/6/1883 or 1888
5. LAURA E., daughter of W. A. & Mary A. Turner 3/2/1868 - 1/10/1869
6. MARTHA R., daughter of W. A. & Mary A. Turner 3/30/1861 - 1/6/1863
7.__________,Mary A. & W. A. Turner 2/26/1880 - 7/4/1881
8. SARAH J. - 2nd wife of W. A. Turner 6/27/1844 - 5/30/1882
9. W. A. TURNER 4/29/1831 - 9/2/1896
10. ELIZA FRANK TURNER 7/26/1866 - 7/20/1904
11. JAMES M. BAKER 4/26/1862 - 12/15/1935
ESTHER A. BAKER 7/26/1863 - 4/13/1906
12.JOHN EDWARD TURNER 5/2/1870 - 1/20/1925
CLAUDIA O. TURNER 8/18/1881 - 2/1/1966
13.CLARNES ODAHLIA TURNER 2/19/1918 - 12/3/1918
14.WILLIAM A. TURNER, son of John E. & Claudia O. Turner 6/24/1903 - 7/21/1975
15.LOVENTRICE TURNER HARNS > 1910 - 1985
NOTE: There are 13 small metal funeral home markers with no name,that
can be read. And one small block of cement with no name,that probably
marks a grave.
We appreciate Margaret doing this census and sharing it. We hope you will
send any information you have on these burials that have no markers and corrections if you see errors.
The Turner Cemetery does not have a name sign. If you are interested in
having a marble sign installed and wish to make a donation in any amount, contact the
LAMAR COUNTY GENEALOGICAL & HISTORICAL SOCIETY. PO BOX 357, VERNON, AL 35592
Return to Cemetery Index
Return to Ms B's Index
This page owned by Barbara Woolbright Carruth, Sulligent, Alabama. All information on these pages is furnished for the free use of those who are researching their family history. Any commercial use, or other electronic posting of any files/pages without the consent of the MS B or donor of material is prohibited.